Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Napping

At what point do newborns adopt a schedule? My goal is to have our girls napping at the same time...so I can nap, too! Lately Vivian sleeps until just before Shelby's nap, then wakes up and is up for ~2 hours, then falls asleep just after Shelby's nap. Again at bedtime, Vivian sleeps until just before Shelby gets in bed and then is up for a while before going down for the night. At least Vivian sleeps late in the morning at this point so that I am up with Shelby and Josh can sleep in a bit. It is nice having Josh on the evening shift because we get to see him for a good part of the day, but he doesn't get as much sleep.

I know, I know...I should take that time of opposite napping to spend special time with the sweet girl who is awake. :)

This is Vivian napping just before I put Shelby to bed on Sunday night.

The other night Shelby held Vivian so that I could go warm up my dinner and eat. It was so precious! Shelby did very well and actually held Vivian for about 5 minutes. I couldn't believe it!
Here they are, our sweet girls:

And I am sure I will get sleep at some point. Vivian has slept a 6-hour stretch (the night before last) and a 5-hour stretch (last night) - wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet pictures. Can't wait to see those two little girls together in person. :)

    ReplyDelete