Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sweet girl

As I was putting Shelby to bed this evening I thought back over today and I just wanted to share that we have such a sweet girl. A friend of ours has said many times that "this is my favorite age!" Well, I am not sure yet if it is my very favorite or not, but I do like it a lot. Shelby is (almost) constantly talking to us and some things we can understand. :) She is doing well repeating words that we ask her to say. One of the many cute things she does is when we ask her how old she is she holds up one finger and says "Two." Every time she counts she starts with two...I guess that "one" is hard to say for her?

We took her in for her 18 month check-up (1/18/11) finally and got a good report. We found a very nice doctor (Dr. Ranga), a female pediatrician, in Odessa. Shelby weighs 25 pounds (50th-75th percentile) and she is 33 inches (75th percentile). She didn't care for the doctor's office too much, especially the three shots. But she was happy when we left and was a good girl the rest of the day. She won't need shots again until she is 4 years old, so it will be a while before we visit the doctor again.

Goodnight to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment