Friday, November 12, 2010

What it looks like

Just over a week ago we found out that Josh's friend from high school, Owen, has been in San Angelo, TX for about seven months. He is in the Air Force and was in school/training for those months and he is leaving for Colorado this week. Josh had Wednesday and Thursday off and so we headed up to San Angelo to meet up with Owen. Wednesday evening we had a nice (yummy!) dinner with Owen and a few of his friends. Thursday morning we were going to hang out with him again, but he was not feeling well (flu) and didn't want to pass it on to us. So, we started our grocery shopping early. Since we were in a big town we had planned to do all of our shopping and space it out over the two days. Wednesday we found shoes for Shelby and a few other little things. Thursday we did some "dry good" shopping before lunch, then ate at Chick-fil-a, then did the rest of the grocery shopping and headed home. We got home around 7 :30 and were in bed before 10:00 PM! What a trip! I'd have to say that we are all getting a little sick of Chick-fil-a - never thought I would say that. haha

So....here is what it looks like when we go grocery shopping 3 hours away and for 3 weeks worth of meals. This trip we had 3 coolers of cold/frozen food with ice and dry ice. Our turkey stayed frozen and we are happy about that!

Shelby was tuckered out!
Josh is a very good packer.

And I am embarrassed to even think about what we paid, considering my sister-in-law who is very good at shopping with coupons! One day (probably when we live in a town with stores and go shopping more than once every 3 weeks) I hope to be better at being frugal and using coupons as well. :) We love you Kelly!!!!

We'll be having Adam & Kim and their kids here for Thanksgiving and can hardly wait!!! Josh and I are just hoping we bought enough food. :)

4 comments:

  1. Seth shops once for the whole month of meals...maybe he can give you some pointers!

    Have a great Thanksgiving in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you are ready!!! I hope you didn't forget anything, like I would!! Have fun with your company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have looked like Shelby does after that adventure, but I bet it will be good to have it when you're hungry and when the Bonuses arrive! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with them! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy says to tell you that she loves all your posts and reads them faithfully but is unable to leave comments for some reason - she can on Zach and Julie's but not on Seth and Chelsea's either. Weird!

    ReplyDelete